Monday, February 21, 2011

..Day 22..

This post took me awhile to write. When I sat down and started thinking about some of the people that have hurt me recently, there were a few.

Dear Mom,

My whole life we didn't really have the ideal mother daughter relationship, but it still hurt when you would break a promise, end up in jail or in trouble with the law (again), lie, and give our stuff away for drugs.
After you went to jail for a year, I thought you were going to stay clean and stop all your craziness. I thought that you were going to try and be there for me and Cohen, Justin and Chance, and finally get your life on track.
Honestly, I gave up on you when I was 12. But this last time it seemed that it might be different. I didn't want to talk to you or let you be a part of Cohens life, but you text or called me EVERDAY for A WHOLE MONTH! That's when I finally thought well maybe she is trying. So I gave in. Only to be let down again. Back to jail you went and as soon as you got out you were hanging out with the same bad people.
I won't give in again and I am not going to expose Cohen to broken promises and heart ache.

Best wishes,
Chelsie

No comments:

Post a Comment