Tuesday, May 3, 2011

..Valedictorian..

My little brother Justin is going to be valedictorian! I can't believe he will be graduating. Makes me feel kinda old.
He has come such a long way and I am soo proud of him! Despite all of the challenges and trials he has been put through in his life, he is on the right track. He is such a good kid and truly cares about everyone.
He is also part of the JROTC at his school. He has done a lot of competitions taking first and second place in most of them. He is also interested in joining the Army.
His school newspaper did an article on him as the student spotlight. I wasn't able to find a copy online, so I am just going to type it up.



Justin Case
Student Spotlight
By: Heather Richins & Xan Van Wagenen

Just in case you don't know him, Justin Case is a smart and funny guy who is the valedictorian this year at IHS. Justin has been going to IHS for 4 years, and he has enjoyed every one of them. Justin has many friends both old and new at this school. Calyn Van Natta, a senior at IHS and friend of Justin, jokes, "I don't like his red pants, but I still love him. "

Justin Case is one of the most academically gifted kids here at IHS. We asked if he had any advice for kids to pass their classes and he said, "You just need to come to school everyday and do the work. It's easy to pass and it's worth it." He is even on the academic wall of fame in the hallway from 2009. That is probably why he is the valedictorian this year at IHS. Justin said, "I feel good about being valedictorian. I want it to help with college because I'm going to Dixie for generals and to the University of Hawaii to finish with a master's degree."

Justin told us, "My most memorable moment at IHS was when I did the Michael Jackson dance with Isai Estrada and Chris Leon. We made up a dance and sang "I Will Be There" for an MJ-themed assembly." Justin continued, "I like this school a lot. That's why I have stayed for all four years. Jose Catarino, the JROTC teacher at IHS, is my favorite. He's just like one of us, a friend, and hilarious."

Justin Case has many friends and is very like-able because he has such a friendly and outgoing personality. "He is a very generous and considerate person," says Gavin Hancock, a senior at IHS. Justin Case is an all-around great guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment